Australia's Full Service Auditing Provider
AuditCo is a leading provider of compliance audits to the certification and compliance industries, and directly to the broader business community.
With 100+ years of combined experience, Our team of auditors can assist with all types of Product Certification audits.
Talk to us today about how we can help with your Product Certification needs.
Audit Days Completed
Why Clients Choose Us
Third Party Product Certification: Ensuring Compliance with Australian Standards
In an era where safety, quality, and consumer trust are paramount, Third Party Product Certification serves as an essential verification tool for products in Australia. Ensuring your products adhere to Australian standards not only reinforces consumer trust but also safeguards your business against potential liabilities.
What is Third Party Product Certification?
Third Party Product Certification involves an independent assessment to verify that a product, service, or system complies with specific standards or test methods. In the Australian context, this typically pertains to standards established by [Standards Australia](https://www.standards.org.au/), the nation’s peak non-government standards organization.
Why is it Important?
1. Consumer Trust: A certified product is more likely to earn the trust of consumers, as it demonstrates commitment to safety and quality.
2. Regulatory Compliance: Many industries in Australia have mandatory certification requirements. Ensuring compliance helps avoid potential fines or legal actions.
3. Market Access: Some retailers and distributors may only stock or deal with products that have been certified.
4. Reduced Liability: Compliant products reduce the risk of product recalls or liability claims.
The Certification Process:
1. Application: Submit an application to an accredited certification body, providing details about the product and the specific standard(s) it should comply with.
2. Evaluation/Audit/Assessment: The certification body reviews the application, conducts or evaluates product tests, and evaluates the product against the specified standards.
3. Decision: Post-evaluation, the body decides whether the product complies with the standards. If compliant, a certificate of conformity is issued.
4. Surveillance: Regular audits and/or tests may be required to ensure ongoing compliance, depending on the product and standard.
5. Renewal/Recertification: Certification is generally time-bound. Recertification processes ensure products remain compliant over time.
1. Product Details: Comprehensive information about the product, including its design, materials, manufacturing process, and intended use.
2. Testing: Some products might require laboratory testing. It’s crucial to choose an accredited laboratory recognised in Australia eg accredited by NATA or ILAC.
3. Quality Management System: Some certifications may require evidence of a robust quality management system.
4. Compliance Documentation: Proof of compliance with other relevant regulations or standards.
5. Fees: Certification body costs can vary based on the complexity of the product and the standards in question.
NOTE: Depending on the specific industry or product type, there might be additional nuances or requirements to consider.
If you’d like to know more about Product Certification, Contact Us Online or Call us on 1300 706 491. We’d love to hear from you.